Monday, August 09, 2004

Car adultery and why I can't stop

Only the few that know me actually leave me alone on the subject of buying cars. After years they simply stop questioning and accept the fact that I cannot just have one. I'd like to think it's like James Bond never having one sexy lass, but the fact of the matter is now matter how you try you just can't make old cars that exotic.....well almost. I have been in love with the car ever since I can remember. When I was young I rode my bicycle for great lengths to visit a favorite car parked in some back alley across town. Not much has changed, now I walk nightly and do the same thing. Sometimes I drive accross the country to do it. I constantly search for cars in newspaper ads, internet, for sale signs. I am not particularly searching for anything. I love to look and dream of driving of owning an unusual quirky car and unfortunate thing is the fact that most old cars change hands for little money such that I can buy hoards of them. The only thing that prevents me is the 2 carefully assigned parking spots outside my house. I think I could get into really big trouble if I was a farmer, I sometimes daydream of owning large parking lots or farm fields where I could save all of my junk cars and fix them one by one. That IS and will be my heaven if there is one. One massive field containing all the cars I have dreamed of having, just waiting sitting out of the elements.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home